Date: 28th November, 2013
Time: 11:02 a.m. (Makara Lagna)
Venue: Sri Sujeer C.V. Nayak Hall, Kadri Road, Mangalore - 575 003
View Larger Map
- By train: There are two train stations in Mangalore.
- The closest train station is Mangalore Central, located in Hampankatta.
- The other station Mangalore Junction is situated in Kankanady, about 5 km from the city centre.
- By plane: Mangalore International Airport is located at Bajpe, about 20 km from the city centre.
- By Bus: There are two bus-stands in Mangalore for long-distance bus services.
- One is the state-run KSRTC bus-stand in Bejai, located towards the North of the city, but not far off from the city centre.
- The other one is behind the Town Hall. It is also known as the 'State Bank' stand.
- Various other pick-up points and drop points are there in Mangalore city.
Some of the hotels closest to the venue are
- Woodlands Hotel, Bunts Hostel Road. Phone: +91 824-2443751
- Goldfinch Mangalore, Bunts Hostel Road. Phone: +91 824 4245678
- Hotel Deepa Comforts, M.G. Road, Phone: +91 (824) 2497101
- Visit the beaches. There are several pretty beaches in Mangalore. Kaup beach and lighthouse, Surathkal , Ullal, Panambur, Tannirbavi are some of the better ones.
- Take a day-trip. Visit the famous Udupi Sri Krishna Temple. Follow it up with a boat ride to St. Mary’s Island, Malpe.
- Try the local cuisine. Mangalore has some pretty good sea food restaurants (and vegetarian ones too!). Our favourites are
- Gajalee, Circuit House Compound, Kadri Hills
- Madhuvan's Village, Yeyyadi
- Maharaja, Bunts Hostel Road
- Shetty's Kori roti (near Canara College)
- Hotel Ayodhya (Sri Ram Bhavan), Near P V S Circle
- Taj Mahal, Kodialbail - The special coffee here deserves a mention.
- Don't forget to try the local special 'Gadbad' at Ideal ice cream parlour in Hampanakatte.
- Visit the 200 year old Sistine Chapel-like St. Aloysius College Chapel, with its walls and ceilings painted with brilliant frescoes.
- Tour the temples. Mangaladevi temple (the deity after whom Mangalore is named), Kadri Manjunath temple, Kudroli Gokarnath Temple, Kateel Durga Parameshwari Temple, Dharmasthala Manjunatha Temple are some of the well known ones.